New article: Exclusive: The Life of Brian - posted on Wednesday, June 28 2006
"Exclusive Hollywood heavyweight reflects on his career at 60 and reveals how he plans a special birthday bash back in Scotland." Read article at dailyrecord.co.uk
New forum for Brian Cox fans - posted on Tuesday, June 27 2006
It's been about a year and a half since I've had an active forum at coxian dot com and I think I have found a solution for those fans that do not wish to join the YahooGroup. Anyone can join the YahooGroup but only members can read and post messages whereas anyone can read the forum messages. Please visit the Forum for Brian Cox Fans, hosted for free at proboards dot com.
Catching up with Brian ... - posted on Monday, June 19 2006
Here's a couple months worth of catching up to do on Brian Cox news!
IN THE PAST AND PRESENT:
IN THE FUTURE:
- Cox may be ambassador for Dundee - "Hollywood actor Brian Cox has offered to front a campaign to boost the profile of his native Dundee."
View article at news.bbc.co.uk
- Woody Allen's Match Point was released April 25, 2006 on DVD
- The Ringer, starring Johnny Knoxville, was released May 16, 2006 on DVD
- Belated Happy Birthday! Brian Cox was born June 1, 1946.
- Brian Cox and his wife Nicole Ansari are currently in Tom Stoppard's Rock 'N' Roll - Royal Court Jerwood Theatre Downstairs, London. June 3 - July 15, 2006. Goes to the Duke of York's Theatre on July 22, 2006 Check out all the recent articles and reviews at Google News
- At last, the return of the native - "Brian Cox thought he'd left the British stage for good, but a new Stoppard play has lured him back."
View article at entertainment.timesonline.co.uk
- The life of Brian - "Brian Cox is one of our best and most versatile actors. He's played everyone from Hannibal Lecter to Daphne's dad in 'Frasier'. Now he's taking on starring roles in Tom Stoppard's latest play and the new series of cult TV western 'Deadwood'. So, asks Liz Hoggard, is there anything he can't do?"
View article at news.independent.co.uk
- Season three of HBO's Deadwood started on June 11, 2006. Brian Cox is playing the recurring role of theatrical promoter Jack Langrishe. Keep an eye out for him in future episodes (he wasn't in the first two) starting with "True Colors" on Sunday, June 25th.
- Running With Scissors, starring Annette Bening, Gwyneth Paltrow and Brian Cox, will be released in theatres in September 2006.
- According to PRODUCTION WEEKLY, Angela Workman's big screen film Bronte (based on the life of Charlotte Bronte) is slated to begin filming later this year. The cast includes Michelle Williams, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, Imelda Staunton, Brian Cox, and Ben Chaplin.